Vegan Chipotle Chickpea Tacos
- 3 1/2 cups canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups Spanish onions sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 10 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup chipotles in adobo chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 avocado pitted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse chickpeas from the canned solution.
- Season the chickpeas with: cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and oil, coat evenly (tip: combine chickpeas and spices in a medium bowl and toss and spin until spiced are evenly distributed.)
- Roast for 45 minute in a 375 degree oven.
- While waiting for the chickpeas to roast, heat 1 TBSP of vegetable oil in a large sautee pan. Add onions and sautee for 5 minutes until they begin to brown, then add the minced garlic, diced tomato, chipotles, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until a paste forms, then add the vegetable broth and simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Add back the roasted Chickpeas.
- In a blender, combine the avocado, salt, tofu and lime juice. Blend on medium high until thoroughly incorporated.
- Serve in a tortilla (use corn for gluten-free) of your choice, with a dollop of crema and garnish with chopped cilantro.