- Combine 1 cup of dried wild rice and 3 cups of Organic Beef Broth in a large pot. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat, turn it down to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook the rice until it is starting to become tender but not completely cooked (about 40 minutes). The rice should absorb all the broth. Set it aside.
- Choose an oven proof pan with a lid (I like to use a Dutch oven). Over medium high heat melt 4 Tablespoons of butter. Add the olive oil and follow with the onions, bell peppers, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Stir it around until the vegetables start to soften (15 min).
- Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the cooked wild rice into the vegetable mixture. Also add another 4 Tablespoons of butter, the walnuts, the white wine, the beef broth, and the water. Stir all the ingredients until the butter melts.
- Cover the pot with a lid and put it in the oven for approximately 1 hour, or until the rice and the vegetables are cooked through and all the liquid is absorbed. (You may use a baking dish instead. In that case transfer the mixture into the dish and cover it tightly with foil). Make sure to occasionally check on the rice at this stage. You want to make sure there is enough liquid for the rice to absorb and cook.
- This rice can be served hot or at room temperature. It also keeps very well in the refrigerator. I would say it is even better on the next day!