- 4 large crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar optional, to reduce the acidity of tomatoes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 large sweet onion,
- 1 ear corn husked
- 1 sweet bell pepper red, orange, or yellow
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 3 drops tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with silicon baking mats or coat them with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the tomatoes into large chunks, keeping the seeds. Spread them in a single layer on one of the baking sheets.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle the optional sugar over the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Dice the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini, and cut the corn off of the cob.
- Combine the diced vegetables with the corn and spread them in a single layer on the second baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over them, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast the tomatoes and other vegetables in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally for even cooking.
- When done, the tomatoes will have gently bursted and the other vegetables will have shrunk and will be slightly charred.
- Transfer the tomatoes and their juice to a high powered blender or a food processor (you might have to work in batches depending on the size of your food processor.).
- Add the Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium, Worcestershire sauce, and tabasco sauce to the blender with the tomatoes and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended tomatoes to a large mixing bowl and stir in the other roasted vegetables.
- Stir in the cilantro, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well, and chill before serving.