- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds in center, then brush with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Place squash cut side down in baking dish with enough water to just slightly cover bottom of dish. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
- While squash is cooking, saute garlic over medium heat in butter until fragrant.
- Add Crushed Tomatoes, cracked red pepper, oregano, and salt & pepper to garlic. Gently simmer for 20 minutes to make a sauce.
- When squash is fully cooked, flip over and shred each squash with a fork, leaving outer shell intact. Leave shredded squash in place in their shells.
- Top each with 1/2 cup of the simmered tomato sauce, then the mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.