- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion roughly chopped
- kernels from 2 ears of corn
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 large avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 fresh jalepeno roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- avocado, corn kernels, chives and olive oiil (optional garnishes)
- In a medium-large pot over medium-low heat add the olive oil and the yellow onion. Cook while stirring often for 7 minutes, and if you need to lower the heat to keep the onions from browning, do so.
- The onions should be soft and translucent when you add the corn kernels. Stir them into the onions and then add the Organic Free Range Chicken Broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the stove and transfer it to the jar of a blender. Add the jalapeno and the avocado and puree on high until the soup is smooth and creamy. Season to taste with the kosher salt.
- Garnish with slices of avocado and some raw corn kernels and chives plus a drizzle of olive oil.