- 1 quart Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 cardamon
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 3 inches fresh ginger
- 1 carton Pacific Foods Organic Korean BBQ Seitan
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 ear fresh corn
- 1 tomato medium
- 4 okra
- 1 leaf fresh basil large
- 1 jalepeno sliced
- 8 oz. (dry) rice noodles
- fresh lime
- In a large pan add Organic Bone Broth Chicken, brown sugar, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, cardamom and black pepper corns. Simmer for 1 hour.
- While liquid is simmering, line a baking sheet and place 1 whole onion (unpeeled) and 3 inch segment of fresh ginger. Bake at 325 F for 1 hour. Towards the end of the cooking time for the liquid base and the onion and ginger in the oven, drain seitan and slice.
- Heat a cast iron skillet with a small amount of neutral flavored oil (eg vegetable oil) and place seitan in. Once it is set down, do not move it for several minutes.
- Flip seitan and brown other side. Remove from skillet once both sides are additionally browned and heated through.
- Begin to cut corn, tomato, okra, jalapeño and herbs for service.
- Cook rice noodles to package instructions and rinse (these took about 6 minutes in water that had been brought to a boil and removed from the burner.)
- Once an hour has passed, remove the onion and ginger from the oven.
- Cut the onion in half and peel and add to simmering broth along with at least 1 1/2 inches of ginger. More can be added if more 'spice' is desired.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Strain broth to remove spices.
- Stir in fish sauce to broth. In a bowl add noodles, ladle in broth and place a fan of several slices of seitan.
- Top with tomato, okra, corn, basil and jalapeño with basil and green onion, salt and pepper. Serve with a wedge of fresh lime.