- 1/2 pound bacon diced
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8-10 sage leaves
- 1/2 yellow onion minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 bundle poultry herbs, (rosemary, thyme, and sage, wrapped in twine for easy removal)
- 1 pinch, salt
- 1 carton Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth Turkey 32 oz.
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat and bacon to cook until crispy. Remove and set aside. To the hot pan with bacon grease, add the beef stew meat and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Brown on all sides, about 8 minutes or so, remove and set aside. Add sage, onion and garlic and let the onions sweat for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the bacon, stew meat, and onion mixture to a crockpot, along with all the other ingredients and mix to combine. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low. Remove herb bundle before serving!