- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into thin half-moons
- 1 red pepper sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 (26.46-ounce) carton Pacific Foods Organic Strained Tomatoes
- 5 large eggs
- 1 small bunch parsley chopped roughly
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an oven safe, deep saute pan or cast iron skillet, heat olive oil. Add onions and red pepper. Saute on medium heat until soft and caramelized, about 15-18 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add Strained Tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. The texture should thicken slightly.
- Crack eggs over the surface of the tomato sauce. Carefully transfer the pan into the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes until eggs are cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley, crushed red pepper and a crusty loaf of bread for dipping.