Savory Fried Egg Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup dry quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- add salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
Toppings (choose whichever call to you)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes roasted
- 1/2 avocado
- add baby arugula
- sprinkle with hemp seeds or chia seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- 1 oz feta or Cheddar Cheese
- drizzle with olive oil
- Coat cherry tomatoes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and roast on a parchment-lined sheet pan at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes, checking halfway through and shaking the pan.
- Bring Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth to boil on stove top. Add oatmeal, reduce heat and let it cook for about 3 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- For the fried egg: Heat a skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Fry egg till whites are no longer translucent, and serve over oatmeal.
- Top with roasted cherry tomatoes and a handful of baby arugula (or whatever toppings sound great to you).