- Remove string (if applicable) from pork shoulder. Cut into 6 evenly sized pieces and rub taco seasoning all over raw pork pieces. Set aside.
- Peel onion and cut into eighths.
- Grab oil, stock and pineapple juice.
- Turn Pressure Cooker on to "Saute". Once hot, add avocado oil and then spiced pork pieces 3 at a time. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until all sides are browned.
Remove and repeat with remaining 3 pieces.
- Add onion pieces, pineapple juice and Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Stock Unsalted Single Serve.
- Use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently scrape the bottom of the pot. Saute 3 to 4 minutes, until onions are just beginning to soften.
- Add browned pork pieces back to the pressure cooker. Set to "Meat, 35 minutes, high pressure" OR "manual, high pressure, 35 minutes"
Since you have had the pot on Saute the whole time, it should only take 12 to 15 minutes to come to pressure.
Allow for a 15 minutes natural pressure release and then do a quick release to remove remaining pressure.
- Use a tongs to remove pork pieces to a large bowl and the use two forks to shred into "pulled pork".
- Add 1 cup of cooking juice back to pulled pork, toss and serve.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the Pulled Pork onto a baking sheet. Spread out so that the pork is one layer.
- Pour 1 to 1.5 cups of the pork cooking liquid over the meat, toss and top with a pinch or two of good salt, then pop into the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, turn the meat and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes until edges are crispy and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve as Carnitas and Enjoy!