Poached Chicken Breast with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tbsp. ghee divided
- 1 large shallot roughly chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms wiped clean, stems trimmed and sliced into 1/2" thick pieces, divided
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper freshly ground
- 1.15 pounds chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth
- 4 oz. shitake mushrooms wiped clean, stems trimmed and sliced into 1/2" thick pieces
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1 small organic lemon zested
- Peel shallot and garlic and roughly chop. Clean mushrooms, trim stems and cut into 1/2" thick pieces. Divide the white mushrooms into two even piles, one with the shallot and garlic and one with the shitake mushrooms.
- Finely chop parsley for garnish, set aside. Clean lemon and zest half, set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot® to "Saute". Once hot, add 1 T of the Ghee and roughly chopped shallot, garlic, half of the white mushrooms as well as 1 tsp of kosher salt and 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken breasts and 4 cups of Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth.
- Cover, set to "sealed" and "0 minutes" high-pressure cook time. Allow for a 10-minute natural pressure release and then immediately release remaining pressure. Remove chicken to a cutting board to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Test internal temperature (the desired temp is 165F). Slice chicken on the bias and divide into four portions.
- Strain poaching liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a heat-safe bowl or another vessel, making sure to capture all of the cooked mushrooms, garlic, and shallots. Transfer the strained vegetables along with 1 cup of the poaching liquid and a pinch of kosher salt to a high-speed blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth.
- Turn Instant Pot® back to saute and add remaining 1T of Ghee. Once melted, add remaining sliced white mushrooms and sliced shitake mushrooms along with a pinch of kosher salt. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add pureed mushroom sauce and cook for 1 minute until bubbling.
- Divide sliced chicken up onto 4 plates. Top with 1/4 of the mushroom sauce, finely chopped parsley and a pinch of lemon zest. Enjoy!