- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. sugar divided or sub coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil plus 2 tbsp. melted
- 3/4 cup Pacific Foods Cashew Unsweetened Vanilla Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest, and salt. Cut in ½ cup coconut oil with a pastry blender or your fingers until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir Cashew Vanilla Unsweetened Non-Dairy Beverage and lemon juice into flour mixture until clumpy but not fully mixed. Gently fold in berries and cashews until dough comes together.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a circle, about 1” thick. Cut into 8 wedges and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 16-18 minutes.