- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery to the pot and saute for five minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Pour in chicken broth and water, and add two sprigs of fresh dill.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce to a low simmer, and cook for 30 minutes with lid slightly ajar.
- Add matzo balls and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove dill sprigs from soup and discard before serving.
- Divide soup between bowls and garnish with remaining chopped sprigs of fresh dill.