- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch fine sea salt
- Wet ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. poppyseeds
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. Pacific Foods Organic Almond Original Plant-Based Beverage more as needed
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients
- Add in wet ingredients except poppyseeds and lemon zest, mix to combine.
- Add in poppyseeds and lemon zest.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center, and center is firm.
- While baking, make the glaze: sift powdered sugar to remove clumps.
- Whisk in Organic Almond Original Non-Dairy Beverage, a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency (thick but pourable). Stir in lemon zest.
- Once the loaf is done, let cool completely before pour on the glaze
- Slice and serve.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for a month or so.