Instant Pot® Beef and Broccoli
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil or other mild tasting high heat cooking oil
- 1.25 pounds Top Round or Sirloin Steak trimmed of any visible fat and sliced against the grain as thin as possible
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 pound broccoli florets cut into evenly sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot starch plus 1 Tbsp. water
- add scallions and toasted sesame seeds to serve
- Peel and chop onion. Mince garlic. Slice beef. Cut broccoli florets into evenly sized pieces.
- Turn Instant Pot® on and set to "Saute". Once hot, add avocado oil and then sliced beef along with salt, white pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, for approx. 3 to 4 minutes until meat is mostly brown.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Add Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Beef Broth, coconut aminos, toasted sesame oil and coconut sugar. Stir to combine.
- Place lid on Instant Pot® and set to "Sealed". Select "Manual, High Pressure" for 4 minutes. It should take 4 to 5 minutes to pressurize as there isn't much liquid and it's mostly hot from having the pot on Saute.
Once the cooking time is done, allow to naturally release pressure for 4 minutes and then do a Quick Release.
- With the lid removed, turn the Instant Pot® back to Saute and add in the broccoli. Place lid on (just to cover, not locked) and allow to saute for 5 to 7 minutes.
TIP: We prefer our broccoli with a slight crunch so 5 minutes works great but this will depend on the size of your florets and how tender you prefer the broccoli.
- Once broccoli is cooked to your liking, remove lid and use a tongs to remove cooked broccoli and beef to a serving dish.
- Make sure Instant Pot® is still set to "Saute". The remaining sauce should come to a boil very quickly (under a minute). Slowly add the arrowroot:water mixture into the sauce and whisk or stir until thick. Immediately remove from heat (turn off IP) and pour over plated Beef and Broccoli.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions. Serve immediately and Enjoy!