- 2 tbsp. avocado oil or other mild tasting high heat cooking oil
- 1.25 pounds Top Round or Sirloin Steak trimmed of any visible fat and sliced against the grain as thin as possible
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 pound broccoli florets cut into evenly sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot starch plus 1 Tbsp. water
- scallions and toasted sesame seeds to serve
- Peel and chop onion. Mince garlic. Slice beef. Cut broccoli florets into evenly sized pieces.
- Turn Instant Pot on and to "Saute". Once hot, add avocado oil and then sliced beef along with salt, white pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, for approx. 3 to 4 minutes until meat is mostly brown.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Add Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Beef Broth, coconut aminos, toasted sesame oil and coconut sugar. Stir to combine.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to "Sealed". Select "Manual, High Pressure" for 4 minutes. It should take 4 to 5 minutes to pressurize as there isn't much liquid and it's mostly hot from having the pot on Saute.
Once the cooking time is done, allow to naturally release pressure for 4 minutes and then do a Quick Release.
- With the lid removed, turn the Instant Pot back to Saute and add in the broccoli. Place lid on (just to cover, not locked) and allow to saute for 5 to 7 minutes.
TIP: We prefer our broccoli with a slight crunch so 5 minutes works great but this will depend on the size of your florets and how tender you prefer the broccoli.
- Once broccoli is cooked to your liking, remove lid and use a tongs to remove cooked broccoli and beef to a serving dish.
- Make sure Instant Pot is still set to "Saute". The remaining sauce should come to a boil very quickly (under a minute). Slowly add the arrowroot:water mixture into the sauce and whisk or stir until thick. Immediately remove from heat (turn off IP) and pour over plated Beef and Broccoli.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions. Serve immediately and Enjoy!