- Recipe ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 package Pacific Foods Organic Seitan, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 medium carrots cut into ribbons
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabage
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- Orange Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 large orange (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- Add rice and Organic Vegetable Broth to a small pot and simmer on medium heat for 40-45 minutes.
- Slice carrots and cabbage into long ribbons, and finely chop cilantro and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro and parsley. Gently toss the Organic Seitan pieces in the herb mixture until they are coated.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet, add seitan pieces, and saute for about 10 mins until brown and crispy on the edges. Transfer to a towel to drain any excess oil.
- Wipe out skillet and add spinach, cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes until just slightly wilted
- Whisk dressing ingredients together, and assemble rice, carrots, cabbage, spinach, avocado, and seitan. Top with pumpkin seeds, sprouts, and dressing.