- Freeze ice cream shell.
- Separate egg yolks and whites. Reserve egg whites for a different recipe.
- Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar in small increments, whisking until fully blended.
- In a medium pan, heat Hazelnut Original Non-Dairy Beverage on medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove hazelnut beverage from heat and temper eggs, spooning in small amounts of the heated hazelnut milk to the whisked egg yolks and whisking. Continue to whisk and add small amounts until about half the hazelnut beverage is incorporated and pour the remaining together and whisk until combined. (Note: this process is important because it will keep the eggs smooth by heating them slowly.
- Sift the xanthan gum over the top of the mix and stir to combine. Chill mixture for an hour (ideal) and add to ice cream machine to churn for 15 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula and remove the ice cream from the ice cream machine and spoon into a large bread pan.
- Freeze at least 30 minutes and scoop into bowls.
- Top with sliced peaches, hazelnuts and fresh basil.