Gluten Free Savory Mushroom Turnovers
- 2½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour plus more for rolling the dough
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter cut into ½” cubes
- ½ cup water ice-cold
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot minced
- ½ cup frozen green peas thawed
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can 10.5oz Pacific FoodsⓇ Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- To a food processor add flour and salt. Pulse to combine. Scatter butter over flour mixture. Pulse until butter is pea-sized. With machine running, add water in a thin stream. Pulse just until the dough comes together when squeezed. If dough is still dry and crumbly, add a little more water to bring together.
- Transfer to a bowl and press into a ball. Divide dough in half, quickly shape dough into squares, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until cold (dough may be refrigerated up to 2 days).
- In a large saucepan warm oil over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add peas and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release some liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Add soup and cook until warmed through and bubbling. Take off heat and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375°Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough into a 12” square. Trim edges to make even and cut into 4 squares. Repeat process with remaining half of dough.
- Divide mushroom mixture equally among the 8 squares. Brush edges of dough with egg. Fold one edge of the dough over toward the opposing end to form a triangle. Use the end of a fork to seal edges together. Repeat with remaining turnovers. Cut a small slit in the top of each turnover.
- Brush tops of turnovers with egg and sprinkle with flaky salt and pepper.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.