Dairy-Free Apple Streusel Muffins
Cinnamon streusel topping:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 tbsp. vegan butter melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp. Pacific Foods Hemp Vanilla Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 small tart apples peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tbsp. Pacific Foods Hemp Vanilla Plant-Based Beverage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners or lightly grease with vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Prepare the cinnamon streusel topping: add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted vegan butter to a bowl. Use your hands to form a thick crumble. Set aside.
- Prepare the muffins: in a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add vegan butter and sugar. Use a hand mixer to cream together butter and sugar until evenly combined. Add in eggs, applesauce, and Plant-Based Beverage. Beat mixture together until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture using a wooden spoon or spatula to combine. The mixture will be thick! Fold in chopped apples until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide muffin batter into lined muffin tins. Top muffins with streusel mixture.
- Bake muffins at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes, or until muffin tops are golden and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool slightly in the tin before transferring to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Create the vanilla glaze: whisk together powdered sugar and plant-based beverage until mixture is smooth and silky. Drizzle over muffins and enjoy!