- 1 pound collard greens ribs removed, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 tsp. ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. virgin coconut oil organic
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Tomato Stock Unsalted
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper 12-15 turns
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk divided
- Wash collard greens and remove leaves from ribs by using a paring knife to slice out the rib. Repeat until you have a stack of leaves only. Cut the leaves from top to bottom into 1" strips. Now, cut each strip into 1" squares.
- Peel ginger root and finely chop. Measure a packed 1/2 teaspoon and set aside.
- Heat a large pot to medium heat. Add coconut oil. Once melted, add chopped collards, Tomato Stock, ginger, salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and whisk in 1/4 cup of coconut milk. Raise heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid reduces by 1/2.
- Remove from heat and whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut milk in.