- 1 large spaghetti squash, about 5 cups cooked
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups pumpkin, or squash of choice, peeled and diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 cups spinach
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp. organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. Pacific Foods Organic Almond Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees°F. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil then place face side down on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Drizzle skin of squash with 2 teaspoons of oil and add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan to make the cooking process faster.
- Place squash in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, turning part way through.
- In a small bowl mix all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat heat 1 tablespoon oil and add onion shallots, and garlic cook for 1-2 minutes, until shallot just starts to become translucent. Add in pumpkin or squash and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, cook cubed chicken with 2 teaspoons of oil until chicken is white, and fully cooked through. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper over chicken. Add in 2 cups of spinach and cook for 3-5 minutes, until spinach starts to wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take spaghetti squash out of oven, let cool. Using a fork scrape out the spaghetti squash into a greased casserole pan. Add in chicken/spinach mixture and Organic Pumpkin Puree or squash mixture, and add the sauce. Toss to combine. Top with Parmesan if desired. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, and broil for 5 minutes.