- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth divided
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, bucatini or other long noodle
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how much spice you want)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream (can omit for dairy-free version)
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Place 3¾ cups Organic Mushroom Broth plus ½ cup water in a large pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add the noodles, gently letting them soften into the liquid, then reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often until noodles are al dente and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes depending on pasta brand.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 30 seconds or so until garlic is just golden, taking care not to burn.
Add the mushrooms in a single layer and let sit for a minute or two so mushrooms can brown.
- Gently stir, then allow them to sit again to create a golden crust. Once mushrooms are tender, add in the remaining ¼ cup mushroom broth and crushed red pepper flakes. Let cook until broth is completely absorbed.
- Whisk in the balsamic vinegar and heavy cream, if using. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, as desired.
- Add in the parsley and cooked pasta. Toss together until mushrooms and pasta are combined.
- Serve, garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.