- 1 pound cornbread cooked and then crumbled and toasted
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Andouille style sausage crumbled (or cut into 1/4'' pieces)
- 3 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 large green bell pepper seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernals
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth Turkey
- 1 stick (4 oz.) butter divided
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Crumble cornbread onto a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning at least once until edges are browned. Remove and allow to cool completely and transfer to a large mixing bowl when ready to make stuffing. NOTE: This step can be done a few days in advance or further in advance and frozen.
- Crumble sausage (if uncooked and out of casings). If you got smoked Andouille, chop into 1/4" pieces.
- Finely chop yellow onion, celery and parsley. Dice green bell pepper.
- Beat eggs and melt butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a shallow baking dish (if the baking dish is too deep, you won't get those good crispy edges) and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add olive oil and then sausage. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chopped onion, celery, bell pepper and frozen corn along with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables soften.
- Remove from heat, mix in chopped parsley and then add sausage mixture to crumbled, toasted cornbread.
- Toss a few times to combine ingredients and add Organic Turkey Bone Stock.
- Toss until well mixed and add beaten eggs and half of the melted butter. Mix again until eggs and butter are well distributed.
- Transfer to greased baking dish, top with remaining melted butter and bake, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes, until cooked through and edges are nice and browned.