- Slice lemon and orange and trim ends of scallions. Gather spices, herbs and broth.
- Place whole salmon filet, skin side down, into roasting pan or other large pan (with high sides) that can accommodate the length of it. Layer lemon and orange slices onto salmon. Add dried spices, fresh herbs and trimmed scallions to pan alongside salmon.
- Add broth until salmon is just covered (by about 1/4"). I used 6 cups but you may need a little more or a little less depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Carefully place roasting pan into a cold oven (do NOT preheat) on the middle rack.
- Set the oven to 350F and set a timer for 20 to 22 minutes. You may need to adjust your cooking time depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove from oven and very carefully remove salmon filet to a cutting board. Slice into 6 or 8 pieces and serve with 1 to 2 Tablespoons of cooking liquid spooned over each piece. Enjoy!