- 2-4 whole green cardamom pods
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon sitck
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 clove
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Cashew Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 2 shots espresso optional
- 1 tsp. loose black tea leaves or 1 tea bag
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine the spices and Pacific Foods Cashew Plant-Based Beverage, bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add the tea leaves, remove from heat, let steep 2 minutes.
- Strain, set aside, and add the espresso if you’re using it.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg (or yolks) together in a saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Over low heat, slowly add the milk while whisking.
- Continue to whisk over low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla, continue whisking until butter is fully melted and mixed in.
- Pour into small ramekins and chill. If you wish to prevent a skin from forming, press a layer of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding.
- Top with yogurt or whipped-cream.