- Horchata glaze:
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp. Pacific Foods Rice Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Spice cake:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/5 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee, and 2 tbsp. water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cardamon
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Almond Vanilla Plant-Based Beverage
- Bring butter and eggs to room temperature. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with butter and dust a bit of flour over the butter coating inside the bundt pan. Tap out any excess flour.
- Tap out any excess flour. In a mixer, cream together the sugar and honey and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and coffee and mix to combine. Scrape the batter around edge of the bowl and mix until batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Add a third of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture then alternate with ⅓ of Organic Almond Vanilla Non-Dairy Beverage and continue until all is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter in the greased and floured bundt cake pan and bake for 30-34 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow cake to cool at least 10 minutes in the pan before removing.
- Mix glaze in a bowl until smooth. If a thicker more frosting like glaze is desired, add more powdered sugar. Garnish with extra powdered sugar if desired.