- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (more if desired)
- 32 fluid oz. Pacific Foods Organic Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Light in Sodium
- 2 tbsp. butter or oil of choice
- 8 ounces kielbasa sausage sliced
- 2 cups brussel sprouts halved and outer layers peeled off
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat the olive oil in a medium soup pot over medium-high heat
- Add in the onion and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, thyme, and cayenne. Continue cooking for one minute.
- Slowly stir in the Organic Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Light in Sodium. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and allow to simmer.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add in the sliced kielbasa to one half of the pan and the brussels sprouts to the other half
- Stirring infrequently, cook until the sausage is seared and the brussel sprouts are golden brown. Remove from heat.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with kielbasa slices and brussel sprouts.