- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 carton Pacific Foods Organic Diced Tomatoes in Light Puree
- 1/2 tsp. each of dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise with a very sharp knife – be careful! Scoop out seeds with a spoon leaving a 1-inch center in middle of squash. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place squash cut side down in a baking dish and add a splash of water – just enough to barely cover the bottom of the dish. Place squash in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While squash is baking, heat olive oil in a saucepot on the stove over medium heat. Add in garlic and onions and sauté for five minutes, or until fragrant. Add in Pacific diced tomatoes and season with dried herbs, sea salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper to taste. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until squash is finished baking.
- Remove squash from oven and carefully flip over. Use a spoon to fill the center of the spaghetti squash with sauce. Sprinkle each squash with mozzarella cheese evenly.
- Bake squash for ten more minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browning on top. I like to finish cooking my squash by broiling it for the last 5 minutes. This creates the perfect cheesy bubble.
- Remove squash from oven and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!