Fresh tomatoes and peppers on the vine just naturally conjure up warm thoughts and scents of summer. Now is the perfect time to enjoy the fruits of your garden’s labors. Instead of firing up the stove, why not whip up a batch of chilled gazpacho? This tasty recipe is is a surefire way to quell the summer heat.
Roasted Red Pepper Gazpacho
Created by: Pacific Foods
- 4 cups of Pacific Food Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup (1 carton)
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato, in juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 talblespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Ladle mixed ingredients into a blender, filling about half full.
- Pulse until soup is turned into a chunky salsa-like mixture and transfer to another mixing bowl.
- When all the soup has been processed and combined, chill thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with finely-diced, chopped cucumber and red onion.
For this and other great recipes using Pacific products, check out our Kitchen page. Better yet, share a summer recipe of your own.