Tomato Split Pea Soup
Created by: Gwen Rainbow
This tangy soup tastes creamy without adding cream. I like to make it a day ahead and all the ingredients are things I always have on hand. The Pacific Foods broth makes all the difference because it has its own subtle blend of spices.
Cook Time:PT1H15M1 hr, 15 min
Prep Time:PT30M30 min
- 1 Cup mixed yellow and green split peas
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth (1 carton)
- Cumin and Turmeric to taste
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Sauté garlic in olive oil in large saucepan until soft (I use 5-qt to avoid any spillover when heating).
- Add Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth, split peas and diced tomatoes and spices. cook until split peas are soft, about an hour. Cool.
- Puree in blender until smooth.