Roasted Red Pepper Curry with Chicken and Eggplant
Created by: Pacific Foods
The richness of coconut milk perfectly balances the spicy red curry in this classic Southeast Asian recipe with a twist. The sauce serves as a flavorful base for any number of your favorite vegetables.
Options: Gluten Free/Wheat Free, Vegetarian
Cook Time:PT45M45 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 14 ounces canned coconut milk, chilled in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoon red curry paste (depending on level of spice preference)
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup (1 carton)
- 1 ½ pounds eggplant, diced
- ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce or tamari
- 3 cups cooked rice
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Remove coconut from refrigerator. Spoon off thick coconut cream from top of can into a 6 quart pot, reserving remaining clear liquid for later.
- Add curry paste to pot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chicken, cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in Pacific Foods Organic Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup and eggplant. Simmer over low heat until eggplant is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil, sugar, and fish sauce. If necessary, thin curry with reserved coconut liquid.
- Serve over ½ cup of rice.
*Check the labels when buying fish sauce to ensure that it is gluten free, not all brands are.
*For a vegetarian option omit chicken and substitute with choice of vegetables.