Creamy Cauliflower and Carrot Soup
Created by: My Recession Kitchen
My husband loves cauliflower and often brings one home when he goes shopping. I try to come up with creative ways to cook them.
Cook Time:PT1H0M1 hr, 0 min
Prep Time:PT30M30 min
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 Cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups natural nondairy creamer
- Parsley for garnish
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Preheat your oven to 400˚
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces, removing the core and any leaves
- Peel and cut the carrot.
- Cut up the celery.
- Put the cauliflower, celery, and carrot into a baking pan (or two) and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, sauté the onion and garlic in the remaining Tablespoon of oil, in a big pot over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 Cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth, curry powder and salt.
- When the veggies are done roasting, add them to the broth. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put half of the soup in a food processor and process until smooth. While the processor is running, add 1 Cup of nondairy creamer.
- If you want a chunky soup, pour the pureed soup back into the pot and add the remaining creamer.
- If you want a smooth soup, pour the pureed soup in another pot and process the remaining soup with the remaining creamer.
- Reheat and adjust the seasonings and add more broth if needed. Garnish with chopped parsley.