Moroccan Chicken and Red Pepper Soup
Created by: Pacific Foods
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 3 pounds of butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups of Pacific Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup (1 carton)
- 1 cup of Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat couscous, prepared according to package directions
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate until needed.
- Lower heat to medium, sauté onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Stir in chicken, squash, garbanzo beans, raisins, cumin, cinnamon, salt, Pacific Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, and Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add peas and continue to simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until squash is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over 1/2 cup cooked couscous.
*For a gluten free option, serve over quinoa instead of couscous.
**For a vegetarian option, use Pacific Organic Vegetable Broth or Pacific Organic Mushroom Broth and omit the chicken.