Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
Created by: pqx2
When the new crop of potatoes is harvested in the fall, make this potato chowder to warm your family and friends!
Cook Time:PT45M45 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 Cup)
- 5-6 Cups peeled and diced small baking potatoes (such as Russets)
- 4 Cups (1 quart) Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 8 cups organic kernel corn, divided
- 1/2 Cup organic heavy cream
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Chives, cut thinly
- Lightly steamed, bite-sized Broccoli
- Cooked and crumbled Turkey Bacon
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- In a 5 quart stock pot, heat a couple Tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté the chopped onion, over medium heat, until tender, about 5 minutes. Drizzle another Tablespoon of olive oil into the pot and then add the diced potatoes. Turn once to coat with the oil and allow to cook over low heat for a few minutes.
- In a blender place 2 Cups of the Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth and 4 Cups of the corn. Puree for at least 30 seconds or until smooth. Add to the stock pot along with the remaining 2 Cups of broth and the heavy cream. Bring to a near boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook about 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, but not falling apart. Add the remaining 4 Cups of whole kernel corn and simmer until corn is heat through, about 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve with desired toppings.