Created by: Melanie Wallace
This soup is a quick and easy meal to throw together in a pinch and it is so yummy good!
- 14.5-ounce cans Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- 28-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth Low Sodium (more if you like your soups thinner)
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups corn kernels
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- In a large soup/stock pot, sautee the diced onion in olive oil until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and add the tomatoes, garlic, cumin, oregano, enchilada sauce, red wine vinegar and the broth.
- While the heat is off, use an immersion blender and blend everything until smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender, you can blend it in batches in a blender.
- Turn the heat back on and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the corn and reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 min or longer.
- Add shredded chicken and simmer for 10-15 min.
- Serve with tortilla chips or strips and a dollop of sour cream (optional).