Comfort Chicken Noodle Soup
Created by: Denise Short
When not feeling well, I usually turn to comfort food, and chicken noodle soup is my favorite! I’ve been making this for 30+ years, and everyone has raged over it. It’s my family’s favorite soup recipe and others tell me it’s the best they’ve ever tasted!
Cook Time:PT1H0M1 hr, 0 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 1/2 chicken, cooked until tender in enough broth to cover
- 6 Cups egg noodles
- 12 cups Pacific Foods Natural Chicken Broth (3 cartons)
- 2 Cups celery, chopped
- 2 Cups carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons tarragon
- 3/4 Cup sherry (drinking, NOT cooking sherry)
- 1/2 Teaspoon poultry seasoning
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup peas
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Pick chicken off the bones and reserve.
- Chop the vegies and cook together with noodles in broth with sherry and tarragon.
- Cook until noodles are done.
- Add chicken back in, add enough pepper to taste, and just before serving, add the peas and cook just enough until they are warmed...quick & easy. Enjoy!!!