Chicken Meatball Soup
Created by: Original Art
I was very tired and hungry when I went to the grocery store and I wanted something warm and comforting and fast! This is what I came up with and it was ready to eat in about 45 minutes.
Cook Time:PT45M45 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 12 cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth (3 cartons)
- 1 - 14-ounce tins of Navy or Cannelloni beans - drained and rinsed
- 3 - medium leeks, finely chopped
- 4 – carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup fennel, finely chopped
- 14 Shitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- In a large soup pot brown all but 1/2 Cup of the leeks along with the fennel in some olive oil.
- Add the Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pot.
- In a medium frying pan sauté the mushrooms in some of the butter. Add to the soup.
- In a med bowl mix the chicken, 1/2 Cup parsley, remaining 1/2 Cup leeks, breadcrumbs,
- Parmesan and the egg. Mix gently with a fork.
- Shape into about 3/4" meatballs.
- Sauté in rest of butter and some olive oil until golden all over.
- Add to the soup along with the carrots and the beans.
- Add 1/ Cup parsley and simmer very gently until meatballs are cooked through and carrots are tender about 35 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with remainder of the parsley and serve