Mrs. Farmer’s Soup
Created by: ChefSherry
I created this soup because I had various leftovers in the fridge, but not enough to make any one dish. The result was a delicious, healthy soup!
Cook Time:PT1H30M1 hr, 30 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 1 Cup cooked meat (beef, pork, chicken, ham, etc.)
- 4 Cups Pacific Foods Organic Broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable) (1 carton)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 6-8 fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup green beans
- ½ cup potatoes, either mashed or diced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut up
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- Note: You can use any miscellaneous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, turnips, parsnips, parsley, corn, etc. to make this soup.
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Place all ingredients in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for about one and one half hours.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls with bread or crackers. You can also add a little grated parmesan cheese.