Autumn Vegetable Stew
Created by: Amber Stansfield
When my husband and I moved into our first house our neighbors invited us over for dinner. They made this amazing vegetable stew. It was so sweet, savory and full of spices I loved it. I’ve made changes over the years to include some of my favorite ingredients. We just moved into a new house and I’m about to have the neighbors over for this fall favorite of ours.
Cook Time:PT30M30 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- ½ cup Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups of ½ inch cubed butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Cup Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium
- 1 ½ Teaspoon oregano
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- ½ Teaspoon cumin
- ¼ Teaspoons black pepper
- 1 15-ounce kidney beans (do not drain)
- 1 ½ cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- You can add any of your favorite veggies here-I like to add lima beans and peas too
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Heat ½ cup Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium, and soy sauce in a large pot,
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent
- Add squash, tomatoes, 1 c Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium, oregano, chili powder, cumin and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 min.
- Add kidney beans with liquid, and corn.
- Cook 5 minutes more.