Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
Created by: Whitney from Pacific
This Southwestern inspired Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe is easy to make, and the tortilla soup adds a subtle kick. Make it your own with whatever vegetables or pantry items you have on hand (beans or corn would be a delicious add in). I'd suggest keeping a green (kale, spinach, etc.) and something to add a little crunch to your quinoa mixture.
Make them mini jack-o-lanterns and carve faces in them for Halloween!
*Omit cheese for a dairy free/vegan option.
Cook Time:PT45M45 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 3 cups Organic Tortilla Soup Base
- 1 ½ cups quinoa, rinsed
- 4 bell peppers, tops & seeds removed
- Assorted vegetables (this one is made using kale, mushrooms and bell peppers)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Cheese (optional, omit to make vegan)
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cook quinoa in 3 cups of the Tortilla Soup Starter until done (about 15-20 minutes)
- Meanwhile, chop and lightly sauté assorted vegetables
- Combine quinoa, vegetables and 1 cup cheese. Spoon quinoa mixture into bell peppers. Arrange in baking dish or Dutch oven. Add small amount of water to pan to prevent bell peppers from shrinking.
- Bake in oven for 25-45 minutes.