Roasted Tomato and Spinach Risotto
Created by: WinnieAb
I always thought risotto would be difficult to make, but it’s not. Using a combination of Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth and creamy tomato soup results in a luxuriously delicious and healthy side dish or light meal.
Cook Time:PT1H30M1 hr, 30 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Arborio rice
- pinch of sea salt and fresh pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Marsala cooking wine
- 4-5 Cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Pacific Foods Organic Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1-2 large tomatoes, cored and cut into large wedges
- 2 Cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated (plus more for garnish)
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Roast tomatoes on a foil-lined baking pan in a 375 degree F. oven for 45 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add the rice, salt and pepper, and stir around in the pan for about a minute, until the grains are coated in oil and slightly translucent.
- Add the wine and about 2 Cups of Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth so that the rice is just about covered. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the wine and stock are absorbed, stirring occasionally; this will take 5-10 minutes.
- Add another Cup of the Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth and one Cup of the tomato soup. Cook until the broth is absorbed, and then add another Cup of each. Keep adding broth approximately 1 Cup at a time, cooking and stirring for another 25-30 minutes. Taste after 25 minutes or so to see if the rice is tender and creamy. When it is, add the tomatoes and spinach, and stir in the butter and cheese. Adjust the seasonings, if necessary, and serve with additional grated cheese.