Created by: Pacific Foods
Try this vegetarian alternative to meatloaf. You won't be sorry!
Cook Time:PT30M30 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 1 Cup Pacific Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cup brown rice
- 2 Cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 3/4 pound crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 2 Tablespoons glaze
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 Cup bread crumbs
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan; turn up the heat to medium.
- Stir until bubbly and thickened to consistency of ketchup
- Prepare rice using Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth; cool uncovered to slightly dry out cooked rice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine garlic, onion and mushrooms in a food processor. Chop until combined and mixture resembles ground meat. Sauté mixture in non-stick pan with olive oil until browned, aromatic and most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Add black beans and cook until most of moisture has again evaporated; cool to room temperature.
- Whisk eggs, 2 tablespoons of glaze and spices; add cooled bean/mushroom mixture and rice. Use hands or spoon to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Line bread pan with parchment paper. Press mixture into loaf pan and smooth out top; bake for 10 minutes until top is firm.
- Carefully remove loaf from oven and turn out onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Coat well with glaze; bake for 10 minutes. Apply second coat of glaze; bake for 10 additional minutes. (Total cooking time is approximately 30 minutes).
- Let cool slightly; slice with sharp, non-serrated knife. Serve warm.