Created by: mhasenfuss
My first frittata actually came about when I was quite young. I was attempting to make an omelet for my parents. However, at a point I realized that I could not lift it. So, I quickly heated the oven and tossed it in to finish…and I’ve been making them ever since.
Cook Time:PT30M30 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 7 eggs
- 10 ounces spinach
- 3/4 Cup pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 8-ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 Roma plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 handful sweet basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 7 Tablespoons Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium
- extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sweat onions and garlic with 2 sprays of olive oil cooking spray until just translucent and softened. Add Mushrooms. Allow to cook until well browned. Add salt, pepper and spinach. Cook until wilted. Remove from pan and place in strainer to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Spray pan again with olive oil cooking spray and return to heat.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and broth together. Add 1/2 of the cheese and all remaining ingredients, mix well. Pour mixture into skillet and allow to sit over flame until eggs begin to bubble. Place skillet in oven and cook until eggs are set (approx. 20 minutes).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of the frittata and return to oven until cheese is melted and slightly browned.