Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Donuts
Created by: branappetit
Making healthier baked donuts at home is easy if you have a donut pan!
* 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
* 2 Tbsp sugar
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
* 1 tsp poppyseeds
* 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
* 2 Tbsp neutral oil (canola, sunflower, safflower, or coconut)
* 3/4 cup Pacific Unsweetened Almond Vanilla Non Dairy Beverage
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, flaxseed, poppyseeds, and lemon zest.
- Stir in the oil, almond non-dairy beverage, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Drop batter into greased donut pan, and bake 11-13 minutes or until they spring back when touched.
- Let the donuts cool completely.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until a thick (but still a little runny) glaze comes together.
- Spoon glaze over each donut.
- Serve. If you’re not going to eat these the same day, store in the refrigerator.