Hash Brown Casserole
Created by: pqx2
A comforting side dish I grew up with at holiday dinners, converted to be gluten-free!
Cook Time:PT1H25M1 hr, 25 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup organic half and half
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 Cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 Cups gluten free frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 Cup gluten free sour cream
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with gluten free non-stick spray.
- In a 5 quart stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion until softened, about 5-10 minutes. Add flour and whisk continually for 30 seconds. Slowly add in the Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth. Then add the half and half, salt, and pepper while continuing to whisk. Reduce heat to low and simmer, whisking often for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese. When the cheese is mostly melted, stir in the shredded potatoes coating well with the sauce. Cover the pot and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.