Rich Hazelnut Hot Chocolate with Frangelico Whipped Cream
Created by: lfrancis
When it comes to hot chocolate I like a few things - rich and creamy, using real chocolate instead of a mix and loaded with whipped cream. This hazelnut hot chocolate has a rich creamy flavor and a wonderful sweet whipped cream flavored with Frangelico. It’s the perfect warm up after spending time out in the cold.
Cook Time:PT15M15 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 4 cup Pacific Foods Hazelnut Non-Dairy Beverage
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 8-ounce good quality dark chocolate (I like 60-70% cocoa) finely chopped
Frangelico Whipping cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-ounce Frangelico
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- In a double boiler over medium high heat add Pacific Foods Hazelnut Original Non-Dairy Beverage, vanilla, and salt and heat until nearly boiling.
- Add good quality dark chocolate and remove from heat.
- Whisk until totally melted.
- Combine heavy whipping cream with Frangelico in mixing bowl.
- Mix on high with electric mixer until whipped cream forms stiff peaks.
Pour hot chocolate into 4 glasses and spoon generous amounts of whipped cream to each mug. Dust with light amount of cocoa powder and enjoy.