Hazelnut Mexican Chocolate with Vanilla Cream
Created by: Ladylorien
This will be my first Holiday season with a bambino on board! My husband and I are expecting our first child, a little girl, in January. We’re unable to fly home for the holidays to see our families so we’re coming up with new traditions all of our own. One of my favorite things about the holidays is hot chocolate. The only thing that beats hot chocolate is drinking chocolate. (Do I sound pregnant or what?) I took a slight twist on Mexican drinking Chocolate by using Pacific Foods’s Hazelnut Original Non-Dairy Beverage. It gives the chocolate a slightly nutty, more sophisticated flavor!
Cook Time:PT15M15 min
Prep Time:PT15M15 min
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 6 cups Pacific Foods Hazelnut Chocolate Non-Dairy Beverage
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Kit Kat® bar, crumbled
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Put the cream into a bowl and whisk until fluffy with soft peaks.
- Slit the vanilla bean lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, and gently fold them into the cream.
- Put the chocolate pieces into a heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of gently simmering water and melt (don't let the bowl touch the water or the chocolate will be spoiled).
- Pour the Hazelnut Chocolate Non Dairy Beverage into a large saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Heat until gently simmering - do not boil.
- Whisk a ladle of the beverage into the melted chocolate, then pour the mixture back into the saucepan, whisking until smooth.
- Ladle into 6 cups. Top each with a spoonful of vanilla cream and serve with a Kit Kat (or your favorite candy bar) crumbled on top!