Savory Butternut Squash and Rice Pudding
Created by: Chefdonna
The inspiration behind this recipe is my love of rice!
Cook Time:PT1H30M1 hr, 30 min
Prep Time:PT30M30 min
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice (or other short grain white rice);
- 3 3/4 cup Pacific Foods Organic Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Light in Sodium
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cooked, mashed butternut squash
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 eggs; 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- parsley, to garnish
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the rice and 2 cups of the soup in the top of a double boiler (over boiling water). Simmer the rice for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the butter and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, melt the remaining butter, and sauté the onion and carrot until tender - about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, remaining 1 3/4 cup soup, cheese, ginger and black pepper. Stir the rice mixture and the onions/carrots into the cheese mixture.
- Pour into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
- Cool slightly and garnish with parsley before serving.