Cheesy Rosemary-Potato and Cauliflower Gratin
Created by: Pacific Foods
This traditional comfort food dish is easy to make and will satisfy any cheesy gratin craving.
Cook Time:PT1H0M1 hr, 0 min
Prep Time:PT30M30 min
- Approximately 2 pounds cauliflower florets (one head of large cauliflower)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Rosemary Potato Chowder
- 2/4 Cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated tightly packed
- 3 Tablespoons breadcrumbs
PRINT THIS RECIPE›
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread out florets on baking sheet and drizzle with oil, toss to coat.
- Roast cauliflower in oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir florets with wooden spoon; return to oven and roast for approximately 15 additional minutes until edges brown and caramelize and cauliflower is tender.
- While cauliflower roasts, melt butter over medium heat in medium-sized saucepan.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a thick paste.
- Puree potato-rosemary chowder in blender until smooth.
- Slowly whisk chowder into saucepan, 1/4 cup at a time. Heat mixture over medium heat for a few minutes, whisking frequently until thick and bubbling around the edges. Do not let sauce boil.
- Whisk in grated cheese and stir until melted; reduce heat to lowest setting and stir frequently.
- Remove roasted cauliflower florets from oven; reduce temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Place roasted florets in even layer in a 2-quart gratin dish or 8x8 baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce evenly across top of florets then sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly across the top.
- Place assembled gratin in the oven; bake for 20-30 minutes until edges begin to brown and cheese sauce is bubbly. Watch carefully until desired browning is achieved.